Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lately...

This past week, Nate's good friend, Tony, came all the way from North Carolina with some friends to visit a co-worker in Zurich and sight see different parts of Europe. So Nate and I decided to go to Zurich to see Tony and hang out with the rest of the group. Tony is partially the one who helped Nate and I become an "item." He was always there when Nate and I first started hanging out and somehow he was even there when it was just supposed to me and Nate watching fireworks on 4th of July. I think he encouraged Nate to start dating me and here we are today!

This was Tony's first time in Europe, so it was a lot to take in for him... especially the jet lag. We met up with him the day he flew in and he missed one of his flights, so needless to say, he was exhausted! But he was a trooper and we were glad he was a
ble to stay awake to see us!
Another exciting event last week was our first Basel futbol game! One of Nate's co-workers invited him to the game, so we thought it would be great to go with someone who was actually from Basel. His sister came along too, which I was thankful for, because I had someone to talk to when I wasn't paying attention to the game.
The fans were rowdy. You can see the die hard ones across the way from us. Everyone sang a lot, ate pretzels, and drank a lot of beer. Nate and I had a pretzel and it was one of the best soft pretzels I've ever had!
The game seemed to go by fast... about half the amount of American football time. Unfortunately, it ended in a tie, but it was still a great experience... I'm sure we'll go back!
Other things that have happened as of late... Nate was able to work from home some this week, so we had some nice mornings together. We even went running together (a rare occasion!) along the river... we are so thankful to live in such a beautiful place.
JOB News: I got hired to be the tennis high school coach for the ISB this Spring! It's a little earlier than I anticipated... as it is already in full swing. We had our first home match this past Saturday and I had a blast. I forgot how much fun it is to coach kids at this age. And the good news is my team is really good... they won the whole tournament against 3 other schools! I will be traveling with them to their next tournament, the National Championship for International Schools, so wish us luck!

1 comment:

joydenney said...

Good picture of you and Nate! Can't wait to hear all about your trip to Italy, I'm sure you'll have a blast.