Tuesday, February 2, 2010

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays

There really is no place like home for the holidays. The best thing about being home was spending time with friends and family. Because we had missed everyone so much, it made this Christmas all the more special.

We flew in on a Thursday night and by Saturday, our house was decked out in Christmas decorations and we threw a party for all our close friends... we were able to do that because of my two brother-in-laws... they were a great help!
Photobucket
Some highlights of what we did:
Had Christmas morning at our home :)
Photobucket
Ate at the Angus Barn (our favorite restaurant!) with Nate's family... a little Diering tradition.
Photobucket
Took a Solc family photo for the first time in awhile...
Photobucket
Hung out with Nate's brother, Matt, and the new addition to the Diering family, Buddy!
Photobucket
Jake and Buddy loved to play!
Photobucket
Sometimes it got a little rough though...
Photobucket
Played with Camden, my sister's son. He just LOVED his Uncle Nate! My sister called me yesterday and told me that Camden is STILL talking about Nate. That doesn't make me jealous at all... haha.
Photobucket
Got some long-awaited Raybans for Christmas... a big surprise from Nate!
Photobucket
My little brother and Chelsea got ENGAGED!!!!
Photobucket
We wrote an announcement on the chalkboard at Starbucks. :)
Photobucket
The Happy Couple...
Photobucket
Camden, being cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Got to go with Joy to Camden's art class... I think I enjoyed it as much as he did!
Photobucket
Had lunch with some of my favorite Brier Creek Tennis ladies... it was so good to spend time with them! Teresa, in the purple sweater, is a faithful blog reader and commenter! Thanks, Teresa! :)
Photobucket
Girls night with some of my favorite girls... Katherine, Parker, & Shae. Katherine came over, even with her one-month old baby, Haley (in the picture). She is SO precious!
Photobucket
Once Nate went back to Switzerland, I spent most of my time hanging out with family. I love my siblings SO much!! I am so blessed to have them. Me & Josef:
Photobucket
Me & Joy:
Photobucket
All 3 of us... not really sure why my brother's making that face...
Photobucket
I love this picture... it's so happy!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jenn & David said...

love the photos Maria! I know your family was thrilled to have you home!!

Teresa said...

I made the Blog! Wahooo!!! We are still out of school for the 3rd day b/c of 5 inches of snow!!! But the sun is shining today so I am happy!!!

joydenney said...

don't worry Camden talks about Jake too ;) And his Auntie!!!!

Unknown said...

@Maria, loved all your pictures. It is wonderful to have family and friends. God has blessed us all abundantly. We love you, Mom